5 Marketing Ideas That Will Help You Earn More This Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is one of the first significant sales events of each year, and businesses anticipate greater demand. According to industry estimates, Valentine's Day sales in the United States alone exceeded approximately $50 billion last year.
If you're like most people and you're looking for ways to make a little extra money this Valentine’s Day.
Here are 5 marketing ideas that will help you do just that!
- Sell Valentine's Day-themed gifts or treats. Whether it's heart-shaped cookies, chocolates, or rose bouquets, there are plenty of people who will be looking to buy special gifts for their loved ones this Valentine's day. Remember that Valentine’s is the most well-spent holiday next to Christmas Day. Set up a small stall in a busy area and sell your wares to passersby.
- Organize a charity event. If you're feeling particularly generous this Valentine's day, why not organize a charity event? You could hold a fundraising bake sale or maybe an online sale wherein proceeds will go to your chosen charity.
- Launch a week-long sale on your shop/online store. Engaging your customers with holiday-specific specials that will lead them to buy from you is one of the easiest methods to earn sales during a hectic shopping season. A percentage discount is the most common type of sales promotion, but there are other possibilities that may be more suitable for you. Consider a monetary discount, free delivery, a gift with purchase, free gift wrapping, and other options.
- Up-sell relevant products. The fact that 39% of Valentine's Day consumers anticipate spending more than $50 on their significant other speaks well for this marketing strategy. Cross-sells and upsells of relevant products are effective ways to increase order size.
- Create a marketing plan for single people. Valentine's Day will be skipped by around half of the population (who considered themselves single). Mix in some additional message that caters to singles rather than alienating this portion of the market. Because segmenting your customers by relationship status may be tough, you may always include a few single-focused emails segments in your campaigns.
And there you go Savvies, 5 marketing ideas that will help you earn more this Love Month. And oh, by the way, this Valentine's Day, make sure to spend more time with people that matter the most.